[Coco] FLEX on FPGA COCO

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 01:05:29 EST 2018

I think Flex was a Coco 1&2 OS, so it may not like the Coco3. I'm not really sure as I've never run Flex, but Frank Hogg seemed to stop advertising it for the Coco after the Coco 3 came out (IIRC).
Also, if the emulator or FPGA are overclocked, Flex "may" be using software timing loops which would speedup key reads and such where as OS9 uses interrupt timing for key access. Again, I don't know much about Flex.
The only versions I've seen were the disks found in the SWTPC disk collection and the SWTPC was a 64k 6809 machine (much like the Coco 1&2).

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com