[Coco] POSSIBLE Solutions For RS-232 Problem

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Feb 22 12:49:28 EST 2018

> On Feb 22, 2018, at 11:23 AM, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
>
>   It looks like there are a few concerns with the RS232 Pak:
>   [1]http://users.axess.com/twilight/sock/rs232.html

What’s interesting is that I don’t recall having any issues with the RS-232 pak back then. We did our driver/cable modes to enable faster throughput in OS-9 as modems added MNP5 error correction, etc.

Looking at it now, it looks useless. But I think the difference was modems provided all these signals to make things work, while modern stuff doesn’t. Heck, even RS-232 paks that came after the Tandy version left things out. The CoCoPRO! pak manual was very telling - explaining a lot about the issues, and what they left out.

		— A