[Coco] Retro computing fiction

Rob Rosenbrock bester at adamswells.com
Thu Feb 22 11:20:10 EST 2018

I think you're right.

While there are 80's references in the book, I don't believe that would
attract an audience to the theaters. I've seen a few articles that say
that 'the Iron Giant' will play largely in the movie, so I'd bet that any
80's references would be limited to childhood references with a larger
emphasis on the 90's in order to appeal to a younger audience that would
have the same remembrances. Highly doubtful that any TRS-80 would be seen
-- especially since Radio Shack won't be financing any of the film.

I didn't read much of the book, but I've not seen a movie in recent years
where the writing was any good. The plots tend to be thin with a focus on
telling parts of the story that don't need to be told.

The more it's hyped, the less I'll be interested in watching.