[Coco] VI Editor

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 03:06:27 EST 2018

Gene, in the NitrOS9's current state, Vi.dd belongs to VRN.drv. I think they used the modified version someone on Delphi wrote years ago to match the functionality of the AGIVIRQDr/Vi pair and added user friendly functionality to it as a virtual memory driver. I can't remember who wrote it at the moment.
I figure you never realized the Sierra games had that descriptor from the beginning. I remember some of the older NitrOS9 releases actually had those drivers in the boot as default so you may have hit one of those. Currently, they're only present on the Seirra disk images :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com