[Coco] VI Editor

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Feb 20 01:46:51 EST 2018

On Tuesday 20 February 2018 01:20:44 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> Gene, just so you know... Vi wasn't "recently claimed" by NitrOS9. It
> was the name of the descriptor for the AGIVIRQDrv driver "originally"
> written for the Sierra games King's Quest III & Leisure Suit Larry
> over 30 years ago (1986), distributed by Tandy, and predates your
> patch by a few years... NitrOS9 just reclaimed it back. Back in the
> late 80s, I started using patched TSEdit (then named Vi) and had to
> rename it as my boots included the Sierra driver.

Bill; Humm, not being much of a gamer, I did not know that until vi quit
working with a strange error, several years back, 10 maybe. I found the
copy on disk with dEd and renamed it vim, which brought it back to life.

I don't have any of the Sierra stuff in my bootfile so I blamed it on
some new windowing utility stripped out of what is now vtio.

Thanks, Bill.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)