[Coco] More NitrOS9 fun

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 16:43:14 EST 2018

On 02/19/2018 03:15 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2018 10:11:36 Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>
>> I just thought of something else I seem to remember hearing
>>
>> on here at some point.  I have two different MPIs.  Does it make
>>
>> a difference which one I use in combination with a COCO3 and
>>
>> NitrOS9?
>>

>> bill
> Bill; Both MPI's will will likely need to be fixed before they will work
> with a coco3. Due to incomplete address decodeing, a write to $ff7f to
> change the slot assignment in the MPI, will also cause the os9 level 2
> block mapping at $ff9f to be munged.  There are kits available to fix
> that for both styles of MPI's, Mark has them at cloud9 site.

If you are talking about the PAL replacement, both of mine
have that.  I will assume at this point that with the upgrade
both are usable.

And now for yet another data point.

I decided, just for the fun of it, to try Level 1.  Guess what,
everything works just fine.  I have built a floppy using the
script mb.floppy and used it to build a new D. L. Logo disk.
Boots and runs just fine.

So, any utilities for testing memory expansions available?
The only thing I can think of that Level 2 does that Level 1
didn't was use the memory expansion.

In the meantime, I guess I look into building a Level 1 SCSI
system so I can start working on my projects.

bill