[Coco] More NitrOS9 fun

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 12:22:37 EST 2018

On 02/19/2018 10:44 AM, Tim Fadden wrote:
> I highly doubt this is your issue. Any problems caused by unmodified
> MPI is highly rare and only  happens on specific hardware being used.
>
> Do you get any errors trying to do the format?
Nope.

> Does it just lock up/hang?

The screen goes wacky and it hangs.  Even when I do it from a remote
telnet session
it whacks the screen on the COCO.

> It could be your boot file is too big.

Which bootfile?  The system is being booted from one of the distributed
DW images.
And I never get to the point of actually building the new one (which may
be smaller
as while I added the TC^3 stuff I took out all of the windowing stuff as
I am not really
interested in graphics at th is time and will be happy with termnal
sessions.)

Another data point, the first commands in the MB file are just "echo"
and even they
don't ever actually execute.

> I have run into that in the past. If you get a hang/lockup you may
> need to clean and re-seat the mpi and floppy pac connectors.

Have reseated things a bunch of times already.  I will try cleaning all
the connectors
with DeOXit.

bill