[Coco] Call code Syscall

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:03:24 EST 2018

Thanks Bill. I was not aware that those things were defined in OS9Defs.
Thanks for the info. I always looked in the OS-9 manual (now the NitrOS9
manual) under the system calls section. I have debated creating a procedure
that defines the calls according to a call name label, then passing the
name to it, along with the regs packet, to perform the call and return the
regs with whatever they are supposed to return. I still don't know if it
would be worth it, considering the overhead of an additional procedure to a
program that may already be pushing the limits of available memory. My
decode program, for example, would not profit from it as one regs call
would not warrant a procedure with over 30 system calls defined. It would
add more overhead than the memory could allow.

Wayne