[Coco] Aaron Wolfe, are you out there? Re: RS232 Nictro Os9 Level 2 and VCC

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Feb 6 11:33:39 EST 2018

It's worse than just needing to "know Java"...I recently took a look
at modifying the Java DriveWire server on Sourceforge, and I had a
variety of problems getting it to build.

I was able to get ant to build one part of the project by making a
minor source change. But building the main UI part (which seems to
incorporate the server as well) was impossible, apparently due to
some missing bits in the repository. I'm not a Java developer, but
the issue looks like the semi-classic "forgot to checkin some parts
of the code" issue to me.

Aaron, are you out there? Could you make sure that everything needed
to build the DriveWireUI is actually included in the SourceForget
project? And if you have a chance, perhaps you could write-up a short
HowTo on where to run ant (or make), which files get built but need
to be copied somewhere else, etc?

As I say, I'm not a Java developer. But I am fairly certain that the
project as-is needs fundamental fix-ups just to be useful.

John