[Coco] RS-232 Pak problems

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Feb 5 19:01:33 EST 2018

> On Feb 5, 2018, at 5:24 PM, rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's great news Allen
>
> Will u put me done for one pls
>
> I am excited to find a use for my RS232 pak again

I have your message flagged.

There is a larger issue to solve now, which will increase the cost by a bit. Without hardware flow control, OS-9 has no way to tell the WiFi module to stop sending data. Data continues to come in, buffer fills faster than the screen can output it, and we lose characters.

There are RS232-to-TTL adapters that add the flow control lines, and the WiFi module firmware I am using supports that, so I’ll know soon if that helps. (I have one on order from Amazon, arriving tomorrow.)

This means only Carrier Detect won’t be implemented.

I have my OS-9 system running the OSTerm remote mode “BBS” thing at my subetha.ddns.net:6809 address at the moment. Works, but loses a lot of data. Not good, yet.

		— A