[Coco] RS-232 Pak problems

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Feb 3 23:54:36 EST 2018

On Saturday 03 February 2018 20:34:09 phil pt wrote:

> I am using the current version of Vcc with DriveWrite and after I try
> and write the new boot file and it ask the question do you want to
> write to track 34 it's telling me error mulitiple sector error. I am
> using kwikgen and its not working. Do you know of any other way that I
> can add the t2 and aciapak to the boot file. It's the coco3 image?

You should not have to putz with track34 just to add t2.dd and aciapak to
the os9boot file. They do not go in track34.

Your multiple sector error saves your butt because track 34 is already
allocated, and kwikgen can't find a matching director entry to account
for that.

> On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 8:31 PM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>
wrote:
> > > On Feb 3, 2018, at 7:27 PM, rietveld rietveld
> > > <rietveldh at hotmail.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > The deluxe Rs232 pak does not work with the coco3
> >
> > Are you referring to the built-in ROM software? The Pak itself works
> > fine on a CoCo 3, as I used it through the mid-90s under RS-DOS and
> > OS-9.
> >

> > --

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)