[Coco] WiFi CoCo (video)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Feb 1 21:30:50 EST 2018

I just ordered a batch of RS232 to TTL adapters for $1 each, and that includes the four jumper wires I used to hook it to the WiFi part.

Then I ordered some of the WiFi development boards for $5 each.

This brings the cost to get online down to $6, assuming you have a serial cable and a USB micro cable and power supply somewhere.

And, I can get the WiFi board for $1 less if I am willing to wait longer to get it from overseas... that makes this a $5 project.

Standard RS232 cables are cheap from Amazon, for those with an RS232 pack, but for those without one, I need a source for bitbanger cables - a male 4-pin DIN connector to a male DB9.

From my modem days, I had the 4-pin to DB25 cables and could just use an adapter, but for someone wanting to try this today, a new source is needed.

Thoughts?