[Coco] 512k coco programs

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Dec 25 09:08:53 EST 2018

Robert,

Much like my post to Art.

Can you add or report here specifics, that way the list can be improved upon?

Regards,

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com
mark at gamecamaddict.com

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018, 7:47:03 AM CST, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

Speaking of RAM disks, I wrote a program requiring 512K that will backup disks in a single pass
regardless of their size in tracks. You can make multiple copies with a single read.

Robert

Arthur Flexser wrote:
> The list seems a trifle misleading, in that many programs that absolutely
> require only 128K run much better if you have 512K.  So, while the list
> notes some programs that require 512K for no disk swap, there are a much
> greater number of programs that can run in 128K but use 512K in other ways,
> such as games allowing more levels or Extended ADOS-3 including a built-in
> Ramdisk or word processors with much larger buffers under 512K.
>
> Art
>
><snip>

<<<<<Trimmed post>>>>>