[Coco] SDCX Image

Michael Furman n6il at ocs.net
Mon Dec 24 13:50:37 EST 2018

Not sure about SDCX, but I guess this would work

The CoCoSDC does support multi disk games.  What you need to do is create a directory on the SD card and put all the disk images in there.  The image names need to be set up properly to support multi disk.  Each of the disk image  files needs to have a number at the end of the name  that starts with 1 and increases:

game-d1.dsk
game-d2.dsk
game-d3.dsk
game-d4.dsk

Then, to use the disk set instead of selecting the first file you select the _directory_ that contains all the images. Do not select an individual image as the multi disk support won’t work that way.

The Sdc understands this directory setup and will attach disk number 1 in the directory first.

When you want to switch disk images click the button on the SDC.  The first time the led will flash 2 times to indicate disk 2, then 3 times ,etc. you an click the button multiple times and it will cycle through the disk images and indicate it on the LED each time.

Hope this works with SDCX, I guess it should work the same if you set up the directory properly.

Sent from my iPhone