[Coco] Back to MAME

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 13:08:52 EST 2018

 Thanks again Tim!

I think I'll take Richard Cavell's advice and read the documentation. Setting writeconig to 1 had no effect.

In fact, when I used the MAME GUI to set the Skip game info screen option to ON and saved the configuration (after setting writeconfig to 1 in mamae.ini) the CoCo emulator came up with out the info screen, but when I exited MAME and came back, this option would be at OFF again and opening mame.ini with a text editor revealed that the writecnfig setting was back to 0.

Really weird, but I am sure that it has something to do with how I am using MAME. I'll follow up when I have more info and understanding about how MAME works. Again, thanks for your help. Salvador

    On Sunday, December 23, 2018, 11:05:46 AM CST, tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote:

 On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 5:23 PM Salvador Garcia via Coco
<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> When I configure an option using the MAME GUI, it works just fine; however,
> when I exit MAME and come back in, the setting that I configured is gone
> and the default value is back. How can I configure a sticky option? Thanks! Salvador

Start MAME with the -createconfig option. It will launch and exit.
This will create a MAME.INI that has all of the default options in a
text file.

Edit MAME.INI and change the option of writeconfig to 1.

This will write changes you make in the GUI back to the config file.

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."