[Coco] OS-9 C was Re: 3rdPart Editor

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Wed Dec 19 21:11:49 EST 2018

I use the ShellPlus redirection to write to a file or /p.

I think just "HDIRECT /D1 >/p" might be all that is needed.

Unfortunately that part of ShellPlus is suspect in NitrOS-9, Gene and I
found the same bug within weeks.

One of these is busted, >>+ I remember.

 >+filename - also >>+ and >>>+. Appends output to end of [filename].

 >-filename - also >>- and >>>-. Overwrites contents of [filename].

 From the ShellPlus 2.1 documentation that I have online with some
example scripts.

http://home.mindspring.com/~sfischer666/

  All
allowable path mnemonics are supported : <, >, >>,

Similar to OS9/68000. Great for appending to logs or help files, or merging
modules. Or for using the same temporary filename by overwriting.

 >+filename - also >>+ and >>>+. Appends output to end of [filename].

 >-filename - also >>- and >>>-. Overwrites contents of [filename].

(I do not have any usable VCC on my W10 Laptop, I paid extra money to be
able to use Hyper-v, it works somewhat but running VCC on Vista on
Hyper-v on my W10 Laptop does not work like previous emulators I used
before.)

SHF