[Coco] Latest C Compiler Chain

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Tue Dec 18 13:51:34 EST 2018

On 12/18/2018 6:49 AM, Brian Blake wrote:
> *"TandyCoCo.com took down a huge amount of my work and of others,
> perhaps intentionally.*

> It must be hell living inside your head, how everything that happens is a
> direct assault on you, personally. You like accusing people of
> intentionally sabotaging your work,

What goes on in your mind, what were you think when you attacked me out
of the blue for reluctantly agreeing to improve the organize MM files, a
task that I was / is very qualified for.

THAT WAS FOLLOWED BY ~20 POSTS TELLING ME TO KILL MYSELF!

And you are doing it again now and I do not understand why now just as
before.

I did not have the capability of doing anything at all with the MM files
as my Internet speed was so slow.

There were two or three helpers that volunteered to do the actual moving
of files with me providing understanding and suggestions. They wanted to
learn and discover new files that are just siting likely with few accesses.

Look at MM right now, nothing has been done at all AFAIK.

Based on my always having Virus Protection turned on and Earthlink's
great checking of mail for virus (I have not seen any notice of
Earthlink catching any in the last two years and the known SPAM count
had dropped to three (3) in the last fourteen days (14)).

As my User ID is all over the Internet, I have made 3,360 posts since
September 2005 to  my main forum.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/369015-san-francisco-ca-ota-571.html

> try this on for size: one of the
> engineers working in the database stated several uploaded files had at
> least one virus embedded - and the files were linked to your user ID. The
> virus deleted quite of bit code. He couldn't say whether it was uploaded
> intentionally, unintentionally, or was injected from a 3rd party (phpBB has
> security issues).

I have done full scans often of all my computers and MSSE has detected
three of which two were files I wanted to keep.

> Now, did I blame you, or accuse you of intentionally damaging my website?
> No, I didn't, because there was no proof you actually had anything to do
> with it. Though it was rather ironic that problems started shortly after I
> removed the ability to edit forum posts after 24 hours, and you threw a
> tantrum about it.

I just went back and tried to edit a post I made 06-29-2010, the forum
software has changed several times and messed the post up so I canceled
the update.

The posts are kept for much longer and can be edited.

> That's not what ultimately took the site down.
> The update to Joomla solved a few problems, but, created others. It was a
> landing page plug-in for the joomla template that caused a cascading
> database error. It all worked fine until I installed the link to the forum
> so recent posts would appear on the landing page. That's what took the site
> down. It was not intentional in any way, but, it was permanent.

No good known earlier backups that could have been provided to the new
TandyCoCo.org forum. That may have failed also.

> You often talk about a 'sick person' out there disrupting work on CoCo
> projects. Perhaps looking in a mirror might find that person...
>
> You can complain about lost work all you want - you didn't lose anything.
> You still have all the files, which you would've had regardless of where
> they've been posted.

I trusted you to keep the files available and yes I do have backups of
parts.

I'm out several thousand dollars in hosting fees,
> engineering support for trying to recover the database, etc...
>
> Truth is, if Aaron didn't provide free hosting for the last year, the site
> would have closed down earlier. Hosting fees on a site that sees maybe 20
> visitors a month, just not worth it.

The person who took over the domain has shown that he has the skills to
recover from some bad database failures. When I asked him about that he
said NO FILES WERE OFFERED.

> Bill has REAL problems to deal with, as do I. You can sit back and put your
> tin foil hat on, and argue with yourself for a while. If you wish to think
> there's some vast conspiracy against you, that's all on you, Stephen. I
> don't care...
>

> Brian

Bill has a set of C Compiler tools that have been tweaked for his use.
If others wish to use then fine, I just am talking about the C Compiler
from 2011 that Willard Goosey researched and I collected which was the
main stream usage.

The digging into toolshed to build "make" showing problems is not
surprising, few have ever tried to do that, at least they have not
reported it.

I was surprised that Gene said I had a good copy of files.c, where and
how the file was truncated is unknown.

I was getting ready to go back to my Delphi files to try and find a good
copy of Make_TK.ar as I used it ~ 1990.

So I have backups for my work and that of others.

SHF