[Coco] 3rdPart Editor

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:47:09 EST 2018

On 12/17/18 12:37 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Bill, a lot of the problem you're having is a 30 year old "make" utility, trying to make a modern "makefile".
> The make in the NitrOS9 C compiler package will in no way make the makefiles used in the repo. Make has come a long way since 1985.

Actually I came to that conclusion after reading someone else's comments

about the original make, which is the one I was using.  I have found the
other

in the NitrOS9 distribution and will give that a shot today.

> I'm not sure which make is in the repo as there are 2. One is the Microware version that came with the original C compiler.

That's the one with the C Compiler and the one I have been trying to use

until now.

> The other is Tim Koonce's make which supports a little more and isn't tied to specific drives like the old one. Syntax between the two are similar, but there are differences.

Syntax wasn't really the problem, the syntax of the makefiles was good,

what it tried to do from that was the problem and I suspect it's because

the program is known to be buggy.

> What little bit of a manual there is for TK's make (help files) is on RTSI. Microware's make docs are in the C Compiler manual.

Nothing in my C manual (I got the Tandy copy very early on) and nothing
in any

of the Microware C manuals I found online.

But, as I said, I am going to build the newer one and see where it goes

from there.

bill