[Coco] How to read CoCo floppies on PC?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Dec 13 12:16:19 EST 2018

On Thursday 13 December 2018 03:36:03 Walter Zambotti wrote:

> What will I require to do this?
>
> Is there a recommend pc floppy drive.
>
> I only need 40 track double sided.
>
> Is it possible to connect a fd-502 directly to a pc?
>
> Walter
>
> Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone

That is not normally a problem, but this mobo, a nearly $300 Asus now a
bit over a decade old, has some sort of a super chip FDC on it, and just
putting a 256 byte sector formatted disk in any fdc attached drive, will
lock this machine up tight, needing a full powerdown to reboot it..

--
Chee, sors, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)