[Coco] Battery-Backed RTCs for CoCo?

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Dec 1 01:50:51 EST 2018

Yeah, in single quantities from Digi-Key it is a little expensive but
you can buy the whole module from China (eBay) for a buck or two.  It
includes a NVRAM too.

400 KHz is a standard frequency for I2C bus which is a serial bus anyway
so it might be a little tricky trying to interface it to the CoCo's
parallel bus without some sort of I2C controller.  You could bit-bang it
but that's kinda messy although that may be how some of the older RTCs
on the CoCo were done.  The older Dallas Semi (now Maxim) RTCs that work
on a parallel bus by piggybacking a RAM/ROM chip are even more expensive
if you can still get them.

Dave