[Coco] CMOC linking error

Pierre Sarrazin sarrazip at sarrazip.com
Mon Aug 6 22:30:58 EDT 2018

Hi James,

Dixit James Ross (2018-08-06 20:45):
> jar at Win8 /cygdrive/d/Dev/Retro/CoCo/Projects/TestCMOC
> $ cmoc tst1.c
> lwlink: error: Can't open library: -lcmoc-crt-ecb
>
> Something from the environment variables?  surely deleting Cygwin and
> re-installing is not going to be necessary, is it?  I have a ton of
> other packages and stuff set that would be wiped out.

You could pass --verbose to cmoc to get more details.  In particular,
you should see a line like this:

    Linker command: lwlink --format=decb --output='tst1.bin'
    --script='tst1.link' --map='tst1.map'
    -L/usr/local/share/cmoc/lib -lcmoc-crt-ecb -lcmoc-std-ecb
    -lcmoc-float-ecb 'tst1.o'

The -L option specifies the directory where a bunch of lib*.a should
have been installed. A file named libcmoc-crt-ecb.a should appear there,
as well as libcmoc-std-ecb.a and libcmoc-float-ecb.a.

When you compiled and installed CMOC, did you pass any arguments to
"./configure", "make" or "make install"?

Could there be an old installation of CMOC in the executable path?
The "which cmoc" command would confirm the exact full path of the cmoc
command you are running.

Which versions of CMOC and LWTOOLS have you installed? (The latest CMOC
is 0.1.52. LWTOOLS >= 4.11 is required.)

Home page: http://sarrazip.com/dev/cmoc.html
Manual   : http://sarrazip.com/dev/cmoc-manual.html

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip @ sarrazip . com>