[Coco] CMOC linking error

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Mon Aug 6 16:45:12 EDT 2018

how bizarre ...

Installed Cygwin for the fist time on my DELL notebook.

Chose additional packages for gcc-core / g++ / bison / flex / and automake.

Built and installed LWASM + CMOC -- went fine, no errors.

Compiled the Hello World program:
jar at Dell1 /cygdrive/c/Jar/Dev/Retro/CoCo/Projects/TestCMOC
$ cmoc tst1.c

and ***BAM*** it worked FINE!!! here is the bin file to be copied to a *.DSK
-rw-rw-r--+ 1 jar None   1441 Aug  6 14:23 tst1.bin

SO ...back on my Win8 box ... updated all the Cygwin packages to the latest.
Deleted the LWASM and CMOC distribution folders that had been built from before replaced w/ fresh copies of the archives.

built and installed them again
LWASM --> make --> make install
CMOC -->  ./configure --> make --> make install

go to compile my hello world and *AGAIN* I get the same error (can't link the library)

jar at Win8 ~
$ cd 'D:\Dev\Retro\CoCo\Projects\TestCMOC'

jar at Win8 /cygdrive/d/Dev/Retro/CoCo/Projects/TestCMOC
$ cmoc tst1.c
lwlink: error: Can't open library: -lcmoc-crt-ecb

Something from the environment variables?  surely deleting Cygwin and re-installing is not going to be necessary, is it?  I have a ton of other packages and stuff set that would be wiped out.

wow ... I'm stuck.  --- any CMOC development will have to be done w/ the notebook until I get this figured out I guess.

cheers all  -- James