[Coco] Fujistu FM-7

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Mon Aug 6 12:28:40 EDT 2018

At the VCFWest this weekend I got to use an FM-7 for the first time.

I got a chance to play with BASIC for a bit, here are my notes:

1. The print statement does automatic word wrap. Crazy.

2. The RND function seems to only return numbers from zero to one. It
even accepted a parameter that seemed to be ignored. Same random
sequence on every run of a program. I could not figure out how to set
the seed.

3. The EDIT command clears the screen and prints the BASIC line on
top. You use the arrow keys to move the cursor, and there are INSERT
and OVERWRITE keys on the keyboard to set the mode.

4. The TIMER variable returned two number like this: "7636 0". The
first number kept incrementing, but the second stayed at zero. I could
not figure how to set a TIMER value. Both numbers and strings gave
"?Type Mismatch" errors.

5. Oh yeah, and also long error names.

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."