[Coco] CoCoUSB

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Apr 25 18:45:41 EDT 2018

On Apr 23, 2018, at 5:46 AM, Francis Swygert <farna at att.net> wrote:

> Great idea! The first one I suggest doing, however, is a printer adapter. If it plugged into the bit-banger and had something like standard Epson emulation built-in it would work with just about any CoCo program. With real serial printers hard to find now, except for some industrial dot matrix printers, that would be a big plus.

Being able to print from Max-10 or MiniBanners would be nice.

I believe there is already existing code that does EPSON or maybe Tandy printer codes to translate them, for this very reason. I just don’t think anyone has hooked them up to a CoCo yet.

It would probably just take an afternoon to make something that would capture the CoCo printer output and write it to a BMP file that could be printed just as if it were dots on the old printer.