[Coco] CoCo3: banking in ROM-Packs

Pere Serrat psergm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:00:24 EDT 2018

Hi Barry,
I have flashed them with my program ...
The other six ROMs 32k long do work properly

Mind-Roll starts showing bad characters, but knowing it is asking
for RGB/CMP I choose ‘R’ and then goes to the next screen where
I should choose ‘J’ or ‘K’ but it simply hangs, I need to reset to gain
control again.
Predator is even worst, it opens a wide back screen and does nothing at all.
I have not flashed Robocop as I want to get Predator working before.
They are the same type (banking).

For the 32k ROMs, I flash first the second 16K block and then the first
part.
The program sets the flash bank for the 1st part (second flashed) and it
starts
without issues.
For the banking ROMs, I issue a
    lda       #$22
    sta       $ff64             ; to autostart and allow banking (value
decimal is 34)
and start from the very first flashed part
I suspect it could be that the ROMs I am using are not correct.
I have contacted Henry Rietveld and he said he would send to me another set
of ROMs to try as the first ones he sent to me were identical to mines ...

Thanks a lot for answering and for your explanantion
cheers
pere

Message: 11