[Coco] Toolshed 2.2 released

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 18:21:23 EDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Kip Koon wrote:
> Hi Tormod,
> I can't seem to get Toolshed to compile.  I keep getting 3 versions of the makefile appearing in an editor.
> How do I get past this point.  This happened the first time for me quite a while back and I never did figure it

Hi Kip,

On the ToolShed download page (Files) there is a zip file with Windows
binaries. So you don't need to compile it yourself if it turns out
difficult.

> out.  I use Cygwin64 for my local linux machine and prior to this happening, I was always able to compile
> Toolshed correctly.  I use Toolshed and its varied files quite a bit.  Any help you can give would be

Unfortunately CygWin64 doesn't turn your Windows machine into a Linux
machine, and I am not sure I even want to know everything that can go
wrong there :)

I suggest you install the customized "Git Bash for Windows" that I
prepared ready-to-go including mercurial and ToolShed. That's the only
thing I personally support to some extent on Windows. It'll probably
give you everything you need. I invested quite some time in preparing
it, without having any use for it myself, exactly so that you guys
don't have to mess around with this. Please let me know if there is
any particular reason you cannot use it.

> appreciated.  Thanks for keeping Toolshed updated as well as the NitrOS-9 Repository.  I appreciate your
> tireless efforts on all of our behalfs.  Take care my friend.

Thanks for the kind words!

Tormod