[Coco] A New CoCo Forum, just what we need?

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:16:17 EDT 2017

Well, this has been an interesting discussion, and perhaps small dose of
drama, and maybe I'm even guilty of being a little bit of over sensitive to
some of the reactions that have been happening between here and Facebook.

As we speak now, if somebody wants to promote something, they're probably
going to post it here, and on Facebook, and possibly even Google+ for both
of those users.
Now that it's posted, there's probably also a personal blog site that goes
along with certain projects, and maybe even a YouTube video or channel.
Once something is posted to Facebook, it will probably then be shared into
several different retro groups.

This is kind of just the way it is, so, the status quo is already
fragmented, repetitive, and out of sync.  There isn't and probably never
will be a unified solution to all the things we'd like to do.

The forum would become one more thing to post to, but is that  bad thing?
The answer to that question is based on each person's individual
perspective, not sure if there is an absolute right/wrong yes/no answer.

I think this resource is in the eye of the beholder, I think if people
wanted to adopt/include a forum in their communication and promotional
machines, it's another outlet and venue to possibly reach, and I feel, if a
person has something they want to share, spending another few minutes
sharing it one more place isn't the end of the world, and "shouldn't" be a
distraction or division for that person, it depends on that person, and how
passionate they are about their project and wanting to share it as many
ways as possible, and to a degree, which platform is of the maximum
reach/benefit/impact for that person.

I think if we/some would use a forum, it makes sense for it to be "our own"
and not a branch off a bigger tree, this is something I own and have
complete control over, it's not part of Yahoo or any other forum.  It's
linked to the hosting account that I run my business out of, so if I lose
my primary hosting account, I've got bigger problems than just worrying
about this forum, and my GoDaddy bill is like $200 per year for unlimited
hosting of unlimited websites, so, it's a low risk that the hosting will
evaporate, the only real threat is lack of interest, involvement or
activity.

So for many this may be of no interest and benefit, and that's fine, for
some, if it's of value, then please use it.

I do value the opinions, experiences and wisdom of others, so if I came
across a little pissy, I'll blame David Ladd for that, it was _his_ fault :)

CoCoFOREVER!

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
ogStevieStrow at gmail.com