[Coco] CocoPi3 "PacoOtaktay Winter 2017-2018 Edition" now available

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu Nov 23 04:36:53 EST 2017

Gene, I definitely agree with you on the i/o bottleneck of the Pi.  However, there is one area where it really shines. I have not found another computer that will smoothly and seamlessly play 1080 HD video at the same price point.

I am using the Pi as a video player in a project I’m working on but it acts as a slave to a much slower processor.  The client asked me why I didn’t just use the Pi for the whole kit and kaboodle. And that was my answer, you just can’t do anything practical with it as far as i/o is concerned. I have several different projects using the Pi as a hi-def video player and it has been very, very reliable and will play anything I can throw at it.

Dave