[Coco] Coco SDC Explorer 0.40 is now available!

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 12:55:42 EST 2017

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Pere Serrat wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
> seems very good news this upgrade!
> But by now, after downloading it, once installed on my card, the screen
> opens showing only:  EMPTY CARD
> Of course starting v0.35 shows all of the contents with no problems (?)
> Is there anything that must be done to use the new 0.40 version?
> My CoCo-SDC for the Dragon is at firmware version 1.16 as this is the last
> one made/published by Darren Atkinson for the Dragons.
> To go version 1.17 we need to get to a CoCo3 in order to use MAP1, but
> this implies having a copy of SDC-DOS which is no more installed on our
> cards for Dragons :-(
> Any advice to overcome this problem will be very appreciated

I think I know what the problem is.

The new version of Explorer now uses the CommSDC interface routine which I
provided for communicating with the SDC hardware.  There are two
instructions in that routine which write to the Controller Latch using an
indexed address operand of -10,y.  This will only work correctly under the
CoCo address scheme.  Those instructions should be changed to use the
absolute address symbol CTRLATCH.

- Darren