[Coco] Soldering Irons

James C. Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 4 21:01:08 EDT 2017

Richard, I have an SP80L that you can borrow.  It supposedly will hit 900 degrees.  The tip that it came with is for GP soldering; it is 3/8” diameter with 4 faces and it worked for removing caps from my Mac motherboard.  Have not been able to find a conical tip for it but I do have the 3/8 and 1/4 chisel tips.  Once the silver solder was out I used the 15/30 Radio Shack to install the new caps with regular solder.

Call me tomorrow afternoon if you want to borrow it.