[Coco] Soldering Irons

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Nov 4 17:59:18 EDT 2017

On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 00:41:01 -0400
rcrislip <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello, What would be a good soldering iron for circuit board work?
> What heat, watts, Brand, etc. TIA

Thanks to all who replied. I should have mentioned that I currently own
a Weller SP23 25w 120v Solder Iron. The tip is well used and too bulky
for the job I was trying to do. I was trying to resolder a power
interface on my grandson's Gameboy and could get the tip under a
obstruction. I have also fought not enough heat with this unit. I also
have a Daulheat Iron I bought from the Shack, it's a 15/30w unit. Also
tips seem to be an issue.