[Coco] just got my CoCo SDC - A beginners guide?

Alexander Wallace alexander.o.wallace at gmail.com
Sat May 27 15:22:44 EDT 2017

Hi All!

I just got my CoCoSDC on the main (Thanks Ed!), since I’m in Mexico, it took almost a month to get to my house, but it got here safe. I’m very happy!

I’ve read through the docs in cocosdc.blogspot.mx and it makes sense.

I got a Sandisk 64gig micro sd, with the SD adapter, and copied the contents of Travis Poppe’s  ultimate SDC collection on to it’s root and plugged it into the CoCoSDC.

When I turn on the COCO3 with it, the LED in the CoCoSDC lights and turns off as expected, but the startup config is not being used, and further more, if i do a DIR - i get I/O error, the led turns on and off right away when i do DIR - or DRIVE.

I can see SDC-DOS 1.4 CC3 when the machine powers up, and the cursor rotation while loading.

I’ve tried erasing the card completely also.

I still get I/O error.

The switches and jumper all look as they should be (all 0000 and no jumper)

Any advise?

Thanks a lot in advance!