[Coco] Julian Date

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue May 23 20:15:21 EDT 2017

On 24/05/2017 8:46 AM, phillip taylor wrote:

> I am not sure what you mean by this "At least those skilled in BASIC09
> will be able to fund an early retirement! ;)" but there is nothing
> wrong with Basic09 or most of the other compilers that run under Rsdos
> or Microsoft Windows. Cbasic will compile a basic program to machine
> lanuage and will run 1 to 1000 faster then a program written in Basic.

Not sure how you took away that I was criticizing BASIC09 or any other
language from that statement?!?

I was referring to the COBOL programmers that retired off the back of
the Y2K problem, implying that the situation would be the same in 2400
(ignoring the fact that it has been pointed out that it isn't actually a
leap year) for BASIC09 programmers.

Anyway, if one has to explain one's jokes then I guess they've fallen
flat. :( I tried...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall