[Coco] New version of Coco SDC Explorer (0.30)

Guillaume Major guillaume.major at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:08:55 EDT 2017

Hi Mathieu,

cm54 is the CCASM assembler by Roger Taylor. It can be downloaded from
Coco3.com:

http://www.coco3.com/community/downloads/programming-and-development/

The dragondos tool can be download here:

http://www.rolfmichelsen.com/dragontools/

Guillaume

"Mathieu Chouinard" <chouimat at gmail.com> wrote
in message
news:CAOQ4nMNGNq1zwWtm+a+cAh6m=_zAHT84gLRTmY8nbMVr+TAMJw at mail.gmail.com...
> [...]
>> Thanks Pere!
>>
>> Did you try compiling the updated source code? I moved all RMBs at the
>> end
>> so the disk array shouldn't be included in the binary anymore.
>>
>> The "." entry is the current directory. It is returned in the results of
>> the
>> SDC directory listing command and shouln't be too hard to remove. Since
>> it
>> has no purpose in SDCX it's a good idea to get rid of it.
>>
>> Guillaume
>>
>> "Pere Serrat" <psergm at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:5A0D85FA822B48AAB6500E816E05D68E at DELL17...
>>
>>> Hi Guillaume.
>>> I have tested this new version on my Dragon 64 and works perfectly!
>>> I use ASM6809 (by Ciaran Anscomb aka Sixxie) so that I can get
>>> binary outputs with a Dragon header instead of a DECB (if needed)
>>> As Dragon doesn't allow for multi-segment binaries, when I compile
>>> your source, it creates a binary from the beginning till the end, so
>>> those data areas get included. Will try to find a workaround for this.
>>>
>>> I have installed it also on my CoCo3 after updating the CoCo-SDC
>>> both to SDCDOS 1.4 and firmware to 1.17
>>> The RGB output goes to a Super Spectro module and when SDCX
>>> starts, it shows the screen in composite mode (light colors)
>>> I have added an RGB command in the SDCX.BAS just before executing
>>> the SDCX.BIN and now it shows much better!
>>>
>>> Concerning joystick/mouse, I would not ask for them because it is
>>> easy enough to search for the folder where the program you need
>>> is inside.
>>> Only thing I would like to say is that the first line on the left window
>>> has the . entry that is not usefull (I don't know what is it for)
>>> In fact this is the selected line by default, so if you need to go back
>>> some levels, you *must* press down-arrow everytime so that it
>>> points on the .. entry
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for this wonderful tool. It greatly increases the value
>>> of the CoCo-SDC
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> pere
>>>

>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 10
>>> Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 21:47:42 -0400
>>> From: "Guillaume Major" <guillaume.major at gmail.com>
>>> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>>> Subject: Re: [Coco] New version of Coco SDC Explorer (0.30)
>>>
>>> Hi Pere,
>>>
>>> I know what going on. I inadvertently declared an FCB instruction after
>>> the
>>> SDC file listing array (DISKARR). Depending on the assembler you are
>>> using,
>>> it can either create a multi segment binary file with multiple origins
>>> (like
>>> CCASM), or embed the entire array in the binary, which seems to be your
>>> case.
>>>
>>> I fixed the issue and updated the archive (both the program and the
>>> code). I can't test the Dragon version though. Please let me know if it