[Coco] Using DriveWire to write network software

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 11:05:38 EDT 2017

On Mar 29, 2017 10:05 PM, "Lee Patterson" <lee at 8bitcoder.com> wrote:

> I’m just looking for sample code for the coco to talk to the dw server on
the coco, and how dw will connect to a tcp/ip socket.

> Lee

Lee, work has dominated my life at the moment, but the next time I'm at my
dev box, Ill send you some code.

Side note:  some other design things about network gaming:

1. Dont forget about firewalls.  Somebody will have to open up a port and
act as a "server". My Global Thermal-nuclear War game used publically
available IRC servers to avoid anyone having to allow incoming connections.

2. Send as little information across the link possible.

3. You will be dealing with a true asynchronous system.  Which is a fun
beast to tame. Its hard to get right. (Oh and welcome to OS design..which
is what you'll be doing ;)

brett