[Coco] CoCo SDC Harddrive Mode

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 11:07:04 EDT 2017

On Mar 28, 2017, at 10:33 PM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:

> Allen Huffman has a nice write-up about getting NitrOS9 up and running on the CoCoSDC and it involves using an image file that is 'hard drive' size.  In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, it's pretty much done automatically when the CoCoSDC see a large image file.
>
> Take a look here: https://subethasoftware.com/2015/02/02/manually-making-a-bootable-nitros9-hard-drive-image-part-1/

Thanks for the plug, Dave!

My brute force way of moving the bootfile over to the image needs to be fixed. Cobbler and os9gen have some quirks with large images since they were only designed with floppy drives in mind.

Kwikgen supposedly does it, and if true, I need to update my instructions with using that.