[Coco] Making BASIC not wait for printer.

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Mar 26 18:12:53 EDT 2017

To elaborate, now that the memory of this somewhat comes back to me:

The first poke, to $FF23, causes $FF22 to become the data direction
register, temporarily replacing $FF22's normal operation.  The second poke,
to what has become the data direction register, sets the bits of $FF22 to
the pattern of inputs and outputs that is desired.  Then the third poke, to
$FF23, turns off the data direction register, restoring the bits of $FF22
to normal operation.

There should be a fourth poke, setting $FF22 to zero so that the new output
bit contains the correct value to tell Basic's printer routine that the
serial port isn't busy; at least there was in the version I used years
ago.  Probably this final poke can be safely omitted, at least under DECB,
since it would be unlikely that the serial port would register as busy at
the time the data direction register was activated.

Art