[Coco] Back up via HDBDos

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 15:36:54 EDT 2017

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Bill <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> How to I back up a  disk in Drivewire to a real physical disk?

​Well if you are using HDBDOS & you have also a real FDC connected to your
CoCo you would turn off the virtual drive mapping for drive 0 through 3.
Then can use BACKUP Drive# to drive#

Example of this would be:
DRIVE OFF
BACKUP 73 TO 0

That would backup the virtual drive #73 to the real floppy drive #0.​

Below is the manual to HDBDOS which is generic to HDD's & DriveWire. This
should give you better help for knowing what commands are in HDBDOS and
hopefully examples of how they are used.

HDBDOS Manual:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~mmarlette/Cloud-9/Support/HDB-DOS%20User%20Manual.pdf

HDBDOS FAQ:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~mmarlette/Cloud-9/Support/HDB-DOS%20FAQ.html

> My brain has turned to peanut butter today
>

> Thanks

​

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |