[Coco] Good full screen editor for NitrOS9

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 23 17:55:56 EDT 2017

From: Coco [coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] on behalf of Bill Pierce via Coco [coco at maltedmedia.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:48 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Cc: Bill Pierce
Subject: Re: [Coco] Good full screen editor for NitrOS9

Dave, as far as large size files, the only things I know are "scred" and "Dyna Star", both of which are a pain to use (to me).
However, working with C (or RMA assembler), I break my files up into smaller chunks to keep size down, and use Ed 3.1, which is a graphics oriented, 80x23 (one line for menus), point-n-click text editor. Ocassionally I have a file that's a little too big for Ed and I'll use Vim (TSEdit patched for 80col), which has a slightly larger buffer, but less features.
All the others, scred, Ved, and Dyna Star just have too large of a learning curve for me to learn a new editor and I'm used to Ed's menu system.

I'll probably upset the purist here, but I find the best way is to use Drivewire to
move them to a PC and do any serious editing there before moving them back
to the COCO.  Don't get me wrong, I plan to get MicroEMACS onto my COCO
but I think anything is going to be size limited.

bill