[Coco] Pdf on coco3

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Mar 22 11:26:46 EDT 2017

Sorry... but actually, scanned pdf files such as those of the Rainbow magazine
are a special case, they're just sets of full-page JPEG files plus page
numbering (some scanned pdfs also contain the ASCII version using optical
recognition, but that's invisible until you select some text). A viewer for just
the images could limit itself to displaying the JPEG files that are in a PDF
container. The issues with displaying those files are pretty different from
those with displaying vector graphics and fonts, though in the end it's all
about pixel sizes, aliasing and stuff.

The easiest solution for you could be to auto-export each page of a magazine to
JPEG format and try to read that on the Coco, if there is a JPEG viewer. But
quantizing it and encoding as GIF might be more efficient for Coco.