[Coco] error 249

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Mar 18 17:57:06 EDT 2017

On Saturday 18 March 2017 16:31:08 Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Actually 5-1/4" 80T2S drives were / are  rare, I just got mine just at
> the right time.
>
> Later I then replaced one of the 5-1/4" 80T2S drives with a 3.5" one
> and with the options available on both drives installed a toggle
> switch that swapped "/D0" and "/D1". I then made 3.5" copies of all my
> 5-1/4" disks.
>
> I was able (At only the correct time of course) to flip the drives and
> insert the other format disk swapping on the fly, messing up rarely.
>
> Making 3.5" copies of all my disks allowed me to miss the expire by
> date of almost all my 5-1/4" floppies and lost only part of one when I
> burned all to a CD.
>
> With the pair of 2880 floppies and 512K memory it was a great and
> efficient "C" development and testing system with often 2/3/4 windows
> displayed at the same time. Tandy with the default windows showed what
> could be done and I built a new very useful set of windows.

> I seem to be missing if what Gene and Robert G. changed is in the
> current system, if YES then DNS=3 must be almost required for all
> 80T2S disks. Both 3.5" and 5-1/4" floppies! And all the .dsk on the
> Internet. :)
>
> SHF

And you are consistently missing the point. Stephan, if you refuse to
read and understand what I've spent over 2 hours trying to explain and
clarify to the rest of the list, it will be typical of you, you have it
set in whats left of your mind that I am wrong.

If you can't even buy a clue, thats fine, screw your own system up but
damnit I wrote and rewrote that rbf code several times, doing the
original 6309 conversion of it, without a word of credit at the time, so
I do have an excellent understanding of it, and I had a hand in the
latest fixes for rb1773.dr coming away with a better understanding of
the care and feeding of a floppy disk, AND QUIT TRYING TO CONFUSE THE
REST OF THE LIST WITH YOUR BULL SHIT CORRECTIONS TO WHAT i WRITE!!!!!!

I had this guy in my kill file for several years because he makes me
explode as above. My apologies to the rest of the list. The situation
with Mr. Fisher has not improved with time.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)