[Coco] Tokenized Basic

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Mar 17 12:01:17 EDT 2017

Le 2017-03-15 à 11:38:00, Francis Swygert a écrit :

> The above is true, but I think you can write using the tokens. I know you can
> at least use SOME of the tokens when coding... I recall using the token for
> REM instead of actually typing REM, but can't recall what it is... Made it a
> bit quicker typing remarks (an apostrophe?). Might not work for all tokens
> though.

It's not possible when writing code normally. However, some people have done it
using POKE or other similar means, because I remember that LIST on BASIC
programmes of the CHROMASETTE series would behave really weird, printing lots of
tokens within DATA statements and/or string literals, and sometimes even
crashing (not sure the BREAK key even worked at that point). All the while, the
program would run correctly, otherwise it would have never been published like
that. I may still have some of them on disk somewhere.