[Coco] Tokenized Basic

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Mar 17 11:57:36 EDT 2017

That's only one of the reasons. Memory was tight back then, but the biggest
difference it made was speed, because it didn't have to read and understand what
is "F" "O" "R" or "T" "H" "E" "N" every time it encountered those words. This
still is slower than executing bytecode or an AST, but requires one less string
search loop in a part of ColorBASIC that has a large impact on execution speed.