[Coco] Tokenized Basic

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 18:10:04 EDT 2017

On 14-Mar-17 14:55, William Mikrut wrote:
> So I have seen this topic fly by a few times.  I have also located a list
> of tokens that reference basic command (could even see them in the
> unravelled series).
>
> My question... does one 'write' tokenized basic... or does a basic program
> become tokenized?
>
> Either way... how does one 'execute' tokenized Basic?

The Second One...

Your BASIC Program is Tokenized to Save Space in Memory and on Tape or
Disk..

Unless you save it as Un-Tokennized  ( Which I understand you do to move
a BASIC Program from the CoCo to the Dragon or Vise Versa, because they
Tokenized Differently.. )

Since it is Tokenized in Memory, it is Executed when you type RUN...

MarkO