[Coco] Inet Error log uploaded to sourceforge.net

Taylor, Phillip L CIV Phillip.L.Taylor at uscg.mil
Thu Mar 16 14:17:37 EDT 2017

William

I am unable to copy and paste the log files so I put it as a .os9 disk on my
web site.

Can you please take a look at the log files for inetd.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitroos9/files/Other/

------------------------------
Message: 6
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:22:13 -0400
From: William Carlin <whcarlinjr at gmail.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] Error trying to use Inetd &

This is 'debugging' text that is spewed out of the inetd when in operation.

On my CoCo 3 I have /w15 initialized with no active shell and then dump the
debugging messages to that window.  So my startup looks like this for
initializing the inetd:

[/DD/startup]

inetd<>>>/w15&

On my CoCo 2 I can either dump the debugging info to a text file in the
/DD/SYS/LOGS folder or I will add the /nil device and send it there:

inetd<>>>/dd/sys/logs/inetd.log&

or

inetd<>>>/nil&

Note that when dumping to a text file you will need to delete that file if
it already exists as the standard NitrOS9 shell does not seem to support
appends or overwrites when redirecting output.

William Carlin