[Coco] MAME Compile times on a RPi

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 16 09:13:32 EDT 2017

Hi Guys,

In the past I actually timed compiling MAME 0.171 on an RPI 2 and it took 4 hours and 9 minutes.  If anyone is interested in seeing the details I posted all the details here: https://nowhereman999.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/compile-mame-0-171-on-a-raspberry-pi-2/ <https://nowhereman999.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/compile-mame-0-171-on-a-raspberry-pi-2/>

At the time I was also testing out compiling times using different microSD cards and there was quite a difference in speed.  I lost my notes about which microSD cards were the fastest, but I remember being surprised that some labelled with faster read and write times weren’t always the fastest for compiling MAME.  It might have had something to do with internal buffering on the cards because I remember also doing some direct speed tests with the microSD cards and the faster ones were faster in those tests, but not when it came to compiling.

Just thought I’d pass the info along….

Cheers,
Glen