[Coco] It's a small win, but a win nonetheless

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Mar 11 01:44:25 EST 2017

On 3/10/2017 9:05 PM, Dave Philipsen wrote:
> So are you running with just the comparator, no opamp before it?  Is
> your comparator input de-coupled from the cassette out signal going
> into it?
A 1M pulldown on the input fixed the issue, so it seems the voltage
divider needs a small tweak.  But, I did add a decoupling cap, and the
signal went from .6-1.3V to 0-.5V, so I need to redo the divider all over.

Is there a good reason to use the decoupler?  I get lots more noise in
the signal to the comparator when I do so.