[Coco] Pac Man V 0.53 - Give it a try, if you want

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 8 20:44:44 EST 2017

On 9/03/2017 11:25 AM, Glen Hewlett wrote:

> Feel free to read more about it and how to get it running on your
> 512k CoCo 3 at the link below:

Just tried it and this is _seriously_ cool - great work! I think the
scrolling works very well and takes nothing away from the gameplay!

For some weird reason I get red dots/pills under MESS (RGB) but haven't
tried it on a real machine yet.

I _think_ there's a few off-by-one bugs on some of the sprite placements
due to the oddities of the original hardware - but perhaps it's actually
accurate but more obvious due to the game running slower?!?

It's a testament to the Coco that it has, complete or WIP, perfect
arcade ports of Space Invaders, Donkey Kong & now Pacman, not to mention
a few other micro-based ports! I've also started work on another arcade
port, but not ready to reveal yet what that is!

Coco rulez! :)

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall