[Coco] DECB -> Pi2/3

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Mar 7 07:35:20 EST 2017

On Mar 7, 2017, at 6:02 AM, Francis Swygert <farna at att.net> wrote:

> Exactly what Microware thought when they came out with OS-9000. It was OS-9/68K transcoded to C and could be compiled for other processors, specifically targeted for Intel processors IIRC. Didn't sell well, now defunct. OS-9 is still alive and well though, and there is an ARM version! See Home.

Other way around. The original OS-9/68K died, while OS-9000 (renamed to "OS-9 for XXX") survives to this day. X86 port still exists, as it is used for the demo CD. I noticed they still offer that, and that was the main reason Microware kept it alive during my time there. It was a good demo platform and development testing environment.