[Coco] The BIGGEST PROBLEM with (So-Called) NEW CoCo Hardware...

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Mar 6 09:35:33 EST 2017

Well, the intended usage is that those pins would be use for powering
other peripherals, not receiving power.  But if you look at a circuit
diagram of the Pi, yes, you can power it that way.  Just make sure you
use a reliable, stable 5V supply.  In fact, I have four prototypes that
are running now like that.  One has been running 24 hours a day for
about 14 months now and the others have been running 12 hours a day for
a year now with no problems.  It's a much neater, more professional,
more reliable way of powering the Pi in an embedded situation.  I wish
that they had designed it with a header for the audio, video, usb, and
ethernet signals too.

Dave